General Motors Car Manufacturer Often Releases Defective 8-Speed Transmissions
General Motors or GM manufacturers of vehicles uses an 8-speed transmission that can have trouble right out the gate on new cars and trucks.
The issues surrounding GM’s 3-speed transmission include:
- Difficulty stopping
- Low transmission fluid
- Excessive wear
- Delayed acceleration
- Slipping gears
- Grinding noises
- Clunking noises
- Warning lights that the system is malfunctioning
- Leaks of fluid from the transmission
- Shuddering and shaking
- Aggressive gear changes
GM vehicles equipped with Hydra-Matic 8L90 or 8L45 transmission systems include:
- 2015-2019 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2017-2019 Chevrolet Colorado
- 2015-2019 Chevrolet Corvette
- 2016-2019 Chevrolet Camaro
- 2015-2019 Cadillac Escalade
- 2015-2019 Cadillac Escalade ESV
- 2016-2019 Cadillac ATS
- 2016-2019 Cadillac ATS-V
- 2016-2019 Cadillac CTS
- 2016-2019 Cadillac CTS-V
- 2016-2019 Cadillac CT6
- 2015-2019 GMC Sierra
- 2015-2019 GMC Yukon
- 2015-2019 GMC Yukon XL
- 2015-2019 GMC Yukon Denali XL
- 2017-2019 GMC Canyon
If you have purchased any of these GM vehicles, you need to give us a call to talk about your recovery compensation options related to the Lemon Laws. An 8-speed transmission with a defect is going to possibly affect the efficiency and safety of the engine. This can be a dangerous condition, if the transmission is defective in any way.
Why Are Defective 8-Speed Transmissions a Serious Hazards on the Roadways?
The transmission of a vehicle is a key component to how the vehicle runs and performs safely on the roads and highways. If the defect in the transmission prevents the vehicle from being and staying safe on the roads, then the driver’s safety can be put into jeopardy with a defective part or component in that transmission. Any time that there are unsafe conditions in an engine or transmission in a vehicle, the driver, passengers and other drivers on the roads are put into unsafe conditions, as a result of that defect. A defective transmission will apply to the lemon status of a vehicle, and you may be able to initiate a lawsuit on the merits of your claim. We can review your case with you at no cost, but you need to give us a call today to start the process right now.
What Are Common Defects and Problems with the 8-Speed Transmission in GM Vehicles?
On GM vehicles, the 8-speed transmission is an automatic transmission developed by General Motors. The common types of problems found on the 8-speed transmission include:
- Transmission fluid sensor defects
- No signal on the input and turbine speed sensor
- No signal on the output speed sensor
- Non-consistent performance on the output speed sensor
- Stuck pressure control solenoid A
- Stuck in off position pressure control solenoid B
- Transmission fluid temperature sensor circuit low input or too high input
- Transmission fluid temperature sensor circuit poor range performance
- Delayed engagement on transmission after sitting with engine off
- Hard shifting with transmission
- Sloppy shifting on the vehicle
- Torque converter shudder
- Noises going from reverse to other gears
- Unexpected downshifts
- Gears frozen and stuck
- Delays in forward or reverse gear engaging
If you have encountered any of these issues as defects with your GM 8-speed transmission, you may have a Lemon Law claim. In that case, you should call us at the Guardian Lemon Law firm at 888.341.8537 right now.
Our law firm is ready to fight for you, when you have a defective GM 8-speed transmission lemon vehicle. We understand that these types of defects should have been managed and eradicated at the level of the manufacturer. GM is responsible to be a high-quality control manufacturer of 8-speed transmissions and other engine component parts. If these major engine parts are permitted to be mass produced with major defects, then the results are going to be that the GM vehicles are going to be unsafe on the roads.
When you call us today, you can speak to and connect with our legal team right now. We understand that having a vehicle with a serious safety defect is stressful for you. Trust us, we get it and we want to put you at ease that we will give you all the attention that your claim deserves. We have attorneys on our legal team who speak several different languages, including: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Tagalog, Armenian, Farsi, Arabic, Hebrew, Russian, French, German, and Korean. Just give us a call at the Guardian Lemon Law firm at 888.341.8537 today.
GM as a manufacturer is going to continue to be responsible when there are defects with the 8-speed transmission in their vehicles, that can cause serious accidents among the general public. If you are a consumer who purchased a GM vehicle with an 8-speed transmission defect, then your vehicle may be subject to recovery compensation under the Lemon Laws of California.
Some recent victories for people who have recovered compensation based on car accidents include:
- $2.5 million settlement for a driver injuring neck and back while sideswiped in a parking lot
- $2.5 million settlement for a pedestrian sustaining multiple burns and fractures in an auto accident
- $2.55 million for four passengers injured in an accident with a truck
- $2.65 million settlement for a married couple wrongful death case because of a tractor trailer
- $2.5 million settlement for a driver hit by a concrete truck
Zero Fee Guarantee
You can call us for a zero-fee guarantee. We are here to help you with your claim for a lemon vehicle, because of the GM vehicle 8-speed transmission issues that you have noted on your car. We can review your claim, and give you professional legal advice regarding the Lemon Laws in California related to your case. Our legal team understands that time is of the essence, and you will get the attention that you deserve when you call our law office at the Guardian Lemon Law firm at 888.341.8537.
Contact Us / Free Case Evaluation
You are welcome to give us a call today, to discuss your GM lemon vehicle, with a defective 8-speed transmission. We know that the law firm that you choose to represent you needs to be as knowledgeable as possible regarding Lemon Laws and how they apply to your case. We are able to review your case, and help you to succeed to recover the compensation that you deserve in this claim.